1. What were the promises God made to Abraham [Gen.12:1-3; 13:14-17]?
2. What land was he talking about?
3. Who are Abraham's descendants today?
4. Explain these NT passages [Rom.2:28-29; Galatians 3:29]:
5. In Genesis 23:3, many years later, Abraham makes it plain that he does not own
any of the land around Canaan. Did God fulfill the promises of Q#1 above? Explain.
6. What does Hebrews 11:8-16 teach us about this?
7. Who was Melchizedek? [Gen.14] was he Jesus Christ? [ Heb.7:1-10] Explain:
8. Who was Ishmael's mother? _________________________ Why did Abraham agree to this?
9. What does Genesis 16:12 teach us about Ishmael and his descendents?
10. Who are his descendants today?
11. How do Abraham's actions affect our world today?
12. Have the National and Land promises God made to Abraham in
Genesis 12:1-3; 13:14-16 been fulfilled?
13. What do 2 Chronicles 1:9; & Joshua 23:14-16 teach about this?
14. Why did God destroy Sodom & Gomorrah [Genesis 13; 18-19]?
15. Why do you think God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? [Genesis 22]
16. What have you learned from this and what specifically do you plan to do about it?